Our family tradition of "Heavy Heavy Hangover" whereupon the birthday child gets beaten with their own gifts before being allowed to open them has reached a new high (or low).
The eldest child got a hairbrush for her birthday - all wrapped lovingly by her youngest sister.
Youngest child decided that since she couldn't reach the height of the eldest child and bang on her head that she would go for the derriere. She wacked most diligently before the eldest managed to grab and defend herself.
As the present is unwrapped - she says "What is that? It felt like a paddle."
"Oh, it is a paddle..." as she holds the big flat backed hairbrush.
"The first of many!" I chime in.
She gives me that look. That look of disdain that only a 17 year old teenager can give one's parents. Yesssss, that one.
Youngest pipes up "And you can brush your hair with that paddle!".
-----------------
Later, much chasing around of each other with the paddle ensues.
The youngest child has tied a pillow around her rear in self defense while arming herself with two paddles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i LOVE it!!! Heavy Heavy Hangover is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteHowever,... I don't believe that little toddler that i used to drag around in a child seat on the back of my bike is 17!! CRAZY!
I feel old.
LOL!!!! D brought that tradition into our house also and the kids LOVE it. it's L's only real chance to hit!!!! :) Oh, and I love the gas cap/car at the lake story!! Is that what I have to look forward to????
ReplyDeletePray....
ReplyDeleteNailing their door shut would work too.
"The lord helps those that help themselves."